Near Palm Springs, California, our vibrant community offers an enviable lifestyle including affordable housing, minimal traffic, world-class dining and shopping, and year-round recreational activities. Additionally, Eisenhower Health is less than two hours away from sandy beaches and mountain resorts.
The Legal Counsel must meet the following qualifications:
- Education: BA degree, JD degree
- Licensure/Certification: Must be a member of the State Bar of California, or approved by the State Bar of California to provide legal services as a Registered In-House Counsel (and become licensed within one year of hire)
- Two to five years’ experience with health care law including some experience in a corporate law department or law firm. At least two years’ experience negotiating and drafting health care related contracts.
The Legal Counsel’s responsibilities include:
- Demonstrating compliance with Code of Conduct and compliance policies, and taking action to resolve compliance questions or concerns and report suspected violations
- Drafting contractual agreements, and drafting legal memorandums as needed
- Obtaining approvals for execution of contracts
- Monitoring, interpreting and implementing contracts in support of management
- Maintaining and administering an electronic contractual approval process
- Maintaining contract files
- Interpreting policies and implementing practices related to contract approval, monitoring and implementation
- With assistance and direction from the General Counsel, advising management of applicable policies
- Becoming an expert in healthcare contracting and patient consent laws
- Researching legal questions and issues as necessary and/or as directed
- Providing advice to management of issues within the expertise of the position including contract issues, consent, or other operational legal issues
- Overseeing and completing routine corporate filings for EMC and affiliated corporations
Eisenhower Health is proud to offer competitive compensation, health and wellness programs and a generous benefits package and matched retirement plan.
Eisenhower Health offers a progressive environment with an emphasis on individual growth and advanced medical practices seldom seen in other hospitals. As a not-for-profit and comprehensive health care institution, we are honored to be recognized as one of the top-ranking hospitals in California. For 2016-2017, U.S. News and World Report has ranked us as the #1 performing hospital in the Riverside Metro area and #21 in California, placing us in the top six percentiles of hospitals in the state. In addition, we were within the 20 percent of hospitals nationwide to receive four stars from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services, in its Overall Hospital Quality and Star Rating (2016).
Located on 130 acres in Rancho Mirage, we offer our community a 517-bed acute care hospital with telemetry, critical care and medical/surgical floors. We also have a multitude of specialty centers on our campus including The Betty Ford Center, The Barbara Sinatra Children’s Center, The Annenberg Center for Health Sciences and The Lucy Curci Cancer Center.
Eisenhower Health has recently been granted Magnet recognition by the ANCC for its nursing excellence, which makes us the first and only hospital in the Inland Empire to achieve this prestigious Magnet distinction. For the fifth consecutive year, Eisenhower Health has been recognized as a Leader in LGBT Healthcare Equality by the Human Rights Campaign (HRC) Foundation (2017), a testament to our commitment to provide equitable care.
HealthGrades® recognized Eisenhower Health as one of America’s 100 Best Hospitals with awards in three different specialties: General Surgery (2017), Orthopedic Surgery (2015-2017), and Spine Surgery (2016-2017). In addition, we received Excellence Awards for Cardiac Surgery (2016-2017), Coronary Intervention (2017), Gastrointestinal Care (2017) and Vascular Surgery (2015-2016). Eisenhower Health is the only hospital in Riverside and San Bernardino counties to be named one of the nation’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals by Truven Analytics™ for 2016 & 2017.
Eisenhower Health cultivates an environment that fosters outstanding levels of employee engagement and was one of only 20 organizations nationwide to receive the Workplace of the Year Award from The Advisory Board Company (2017).
For more information and to apply please visit: https://careers.eisenhowerhealth.org/jobs/legal-counsel-law-department/