Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good – from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God’s love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
Adventist Health is ranked #10 in Becker’s list of the largest nonprofit hospital systems in the U.S. We are the largest company headquartered and sixth largest employer in Roseville, California. Our corporate headquarters have been located at a desirable location on Douglas Boulevard since 1984. To accommodate our growing services, we are creating a new campus that will not only bring our workforce of nearly 900 people together in one location, but also facilitate a deeper connection with our Roseville neighbors and community.
We’re looking for someone to join our team as a Senior Counsel who:
- Reports to the General Counsel or designee and provides a wide range of legal services and advice to the organization.
- Works closely with senior management and outside legal counsel and employees at all level.
- Provides legal advice and analysis regarding business transactions, and health care regulatory and compliance matters to support the organization.
- Coordinates, reviews and revises contracts and other legal documents, with a primary focus on business transactions and acquisitions.
- Structures and negotiates business transactions, performs due diligence, provides legal advice to clients, performs legal research and supervises closings.
- Assists with the development of system policies and procedures.
- Supports the education of in-house legal counsel and staff.
- Assists with coordinating and managing outside counsel.
- Works with senior hospital administration and senior corporate management on legal matters.
- Reviews and/or directs the work of department staff.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years in a major law firm or large corporate legal department, representing healthcare organizations, or related industry, and strong business and transactional background: Required
Required Additional Work Experience:
- Experience in mergers and acquisitions, structuring and negotiating business transactions, performing due diligence, counseling clients, performing legal research, creating template contract documents, supervising closings and drafting and revising a variety of legal documents including vendor contracts, software and IT agreements, distribution and/or license agreements, resolutions, legal opinions, and escrow agreements. Required
- Juris Doctor (JD) degree from an accredited law school
- Licensed to practice law and in good standing in the State of California: Required
For complete job description and to apply, visit: https://careers.adventisthealth.org/jobs/senior-counsel-5592.